Your grade for the in-car portion of your Driver Education is subjective. That means that I make judgments on your ability to control an automobile.
I'll ask myself these questions as you drive:
Would I let you borrow my car?
Do you have the maturity, attitude, and skills of a responsible driver?
- Do I feel safe sharing the road with you?
Your numerical in-car grade comes from an average of three numbers:
towards the driver education course and driving in general (100% max)
Driving Skill: do you have the skills necessary to drive safely (100% max)
Skill Improvement: this is how well your skills have developed over the course lessons. (100% max, increased practice outside of class will boost this grade)
My policies are simple:
- be on time to class
- come prepared physically and mentally ready to drive and learn
- act responsibly
- no disruptions while others are driving, pay attention to what's going on.
- seat belts worn properly and at all times
- cell phones are turned off, in trunk, or left home.